Police Officer Isaac “Ike” Roberson, Jr. P-307 (1953-2022)

Ike was born July 21, 1953 to Reverend and Mrs. Isaac Roberson, Sr. He attended Hughes High School and graduated during June 1972. He also attended the University of Cincinnati and earned an associate degree in Law Enforcement Technology in 1975.

While attending high school, Ike worked in an office at I.B.M. on Victory Parkway and as a parking lot attendant at the Foot of Broadway.

During the month after his high school graduation, on July 23, 1972, Ike joined the Cincinnati Police Division as a Police Cadet. Cadet Roberson worked in Records Section and Communications Section. On August 24, 1975, he was promoted to Police Recruit and graduated from Cincinnati’s 62 Recruit Class. He was promoted to Police Officer on September 28, 1975, issued Badge 307, and assigned to District 1 (310 Lincoln Park Drive). Due to the City’s budget crisis, after almost four years of service, Officer Roberson, along with 123 other officers, was laid off December 6, 1976.

Ike accepted a position at the Cincinnati Workhouse as a Guard.

More than two years later, Officer Roberson was recalled and reassigned to District 1. On October 20, 1996, he transferred to the Fraud Squad in the Property Crimes Unit of Criminal Investigation. In one of his first cases, he investigated forged checks that turned into a million-dollar criminal check-writing organization; one of the largest fraud cases in Cincinnati history. After dogging the king pin for years and staking out his haunts, Charles Jackson was finally captured in 2001. During 2002, he was assumed into the Financial Crimes Squad of the Major Offenders Unit. All his supervisors and commanders considered him an excellent investigator who was easy to work with and who required little or no supervisor. Officer Roberson retired on December 6, 2003 with 31 years of service and 23 letters of appreciation and/or commendation, including seven by Cincinnati Police chiefs, one by a Springdale Police chief, and two from a Court of Common Pleas judge.

He then joined the Cincinnati Reds organization and worked for many years at Riverfront Stadium and Great American Ball Park.

Officer Roberson contracted colon cancer. He battled it for years, but succumbed to it on May 22, 2022 at the age of 68.

He was predeceased by his son Marcus R. Roberson (2012). 0fficer Roberson is survived by his wife of forty years, Felecia B. Roberson; son, Christopher B. (Jalicia) Roberson; and grandchildren, Christopher K. Roberson and Ayva M.Roberson.

Visitation will be held 10 to 11 a.m. on June 11, 2022 at Corinthian Baptist Church at 1920 Tennessee Avenue.  A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m.


© 2022 – All rights reserved to LT Stephen R. Kramer RET and the Greater Cincinnati Police Museum



Leave a Comment